Sunday, July 02, 2006

No More TV

I get on a weird cycle of TV watching lately, where I don't watch any TV for a couple of weeks, then I come home late on a Friday or Saturday and sit down to watch a few minutes, but then it turns into a few hours, and after multiple infomercials and Elimidate episodes, I end up sleeping in till noon the next day and throwing off my schedule for the entire next week. So then I vow to stop watching TV "for good," only to repeat the same sequence a few weeks later.

I figured the best way to overcome this habit is to go public with my plans to quit. So as of today, July 2, 2006, I am committing to no longer watch any TV, (except possibly for pre-planned social situations such as major sporting events).

By telling the world, I'm hoping it'll make it more difficult to slip back into the Carleton Sheets cycle. Your job is to keep me honest, so next time you see me, feel free to follow up!

No comments: