Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

For Thanksgiving Benj and I went up to Salt Lake and stayed with Hyrum's family. I was responsible for olives and jello, but I didn't remember to bring any along, so Kim picked em up for me. This might have been the first time I ever made jello. I'm not sure. But I made a fun multi-colored version, with mandarin oranges and pears included. Too bad I forgot my camera, or I could show off some pics of my extreme jello skeelz.

On Thanksgiving we had me, Benj, Hyrum's family, Mark and Sarah, Matthew, and all of Amy's family, all at Hyrum's house. So it was pretty full, I think 18 people total. But there was plenty of food, and lots of fun.

Friday morning Mark, Sarah, and I went jogging and we took Caz in the stroller. I think she enjoyed it, but by the time we got back she was asleep. Little sleeping beauty. Friday night we headed to Provo and Springville to visit the grandparents. At Grandma B's, Benj played some stuff on the guitar, and Sarah played a couple things on the violin, so I think Grandma enjoyed that. Then we headed over to the Tanners' and played our usual game of progressive rummy. Matthew was victorious, so as Mark would say, he must have cheated.

We stayed at Mark and Sarah's Friday night, and then Mark, Benj, and I infiltrated BYU and played racquetball for a bit before the big game -- BYU v. Utah. We all went over to Matthew's to watch the rivalry football game. Mark, Sarah, Matthew, Benj, and I were there along with some of Matthew's friends and roommates.

BYU dominated the 1st quarter, then didn't do much of anything in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We were down by 10 before we decided to start playing again. In the 4th quarter we scored two touchdowns to take the lead 27-24. Then Utah came back and scored to go up 31-27 with 1:19 left in the game. Quarterback John Beck took over and made an amazingly poised drive down the field, including a nice pass into tight coverage on 4th down to keep the drive alive. We were on the 11 or 12 yard line with three seconds on the clock, and one more play to go.

The video below doesn't do justice to what an amazing final play it was. Beck was running right, all the defenders were rolling right also, and as he was being tackled, he managed to throw across his body the entire width of the field to a wide open Johnny Harline, for the win! Pandemonium ensued in the apartment, and probably in much of Provo and Cougar Nation.

Update:
The video originally posted here has apparently been removed from Google Video. I'm not sure if it was for copyright infringement or something. Too bad, it was a cool montage of the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you email me a copy of this please it is great

Shawn

Nate Tanner said...

If you're talking about the video, it's not my creation, the original was on google video but apparently it was deleted for some reason.

Ben said...

The video (or one equally good) is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ga0BGlvqJE